19 April 2016: Hip Hop superstar Cassper Nyovest and AG Mobile have launched the AG#Hashtag, a well specified 4G LTE mobile device available exclusively through MTN. This is the first time that AG Mobile has collaborated on the design aspects, colour of the device with a celebrity.
According to AG Mobile’s CEO, Anthony Goodman, this is the next step in the company’s ongoing brand partnership with the celebrated musician, as well as for his flourishing career. “Our synergy is grounded on shared brand characteristics and objectives – we’re proudly local brands, working at something we’re passionate and successful at. We’re sure South Africans will get behind us and support the innovation and collaboration by two strong local brands. The offering is just as good as our global competitors have to offer, that we can guarantee.”
He continues, “The AG#Hashtag isn’t just inspired by Cassper – he actually played an integral part in the development, design and specifications of the device over the nine months it took to bring it to market. We’re incredibly proud of what we’ve created – in fact it now stands as AG Mobile’s flagship device.”
Cassper says, “To put it simply, the #Hashtag is dope! It was designed for someone who loves music, being in the mix, and socialising with their crew. Basically it has everything I would want in a phone so I’m giving a shout out to all my fans to check out the #Hashtag’s quality features and design, and then to change over to AG. They have my word that they’ll be getting great value!”
Larry Annetts, Chief Consumer Officer: MTN SA, adds: “MTN is pleased to be part of this exciting initiative to launch an LTE smartphone with our brand ambassador, Casper Nyovest. The launch of this handset gives expression to our strategy of providing our customers with a wide bouquet of smart devices to enable them to access our ubiquitous digital offerings and the rich world of data. This is one of the ways that MTN is leading the delivery of a bold new digital world to its customers.”
Some of the high-end features specified by Cassper include 4G LTE for faster data speeds for internet browsing, a 13MP back camera and 5MP front camera for awesome selfies, increased battery power, and a 5.5” Corning® Gorilla®3 glass screen for watching music videos in high definition. It also boasts exclusive Cassper wallpapers and comes pre-installed with his app.
Recognised as the first mobile technology company to launch its own brand of phone in 2007, to date AG Mobile has released more than 60 devices. Goodman continues, “The AG#Hashtag aligns with our goals of producing quality, affordable devices and meeting the needs of the market – in this case Cassper’s growing fan base. The excellent user experience is due to the inclusion of a MediaTek 1.5GHz OctaCore processor and as with all our other devices, our efficient customer care centre will ensure excellent after-sales support for our customers.”
The AG#Hashtag’s features include:
- 4G LTE enabling faster data speeds for internet usage and browsing
- Android™ 5.1 Lollipop
- 5″ HD IPS Corning® Gorilla® 3 Glass touchscreen
- 13MP back camera with auto-focus and flash, quick capture, 4 x digital zoom, burst mode, Auto HDR, Panorama
- 5MP front camera
- MediaTek 6753 OctaCore 1.5GHz processor
- 16GB ROM
- 2GB RAM
- External memory (expandable to 128GB)
- Functions supported: GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth4.0, FM, Gravity Sensor, Accelerometer
- Multimedia player
- 2 500mAh Li-ion battery with fast charge
- Accessories: protective cover, limited edition headphones
Available in a funky red – Cassper’s own design specification and favourite colour – the AG#Hashtag will be available exclusively through MTN’s retail outlets and call centres. The device will cost R229 monthly (over 24 months) on an MTN MyChoice contract and retails at R3 499 on pre-paid. The phone is available on pre-order from April 19 until May 10 at www.mtn.co.za. Customers who pre-order and purchase a device on contract or pre-paid will receive a limited edition Cassper autographed back cover for their AG#Hashtag. (terms & conditions apply).
For more information please visit: www.agmobileafrica.com
MTN SA Foundation in partnership with the Department of Social Development and the Department of Education donated six multi media centres including a special needs centre at the Hope and Grace Special School today. The R2.4 million investment into the community of Limpopo is part of MTN Foundations ongoing schools connectivity programme that aims to provide ICT tools and Internet connectivity to previously disadvantaged communities.
The other recipients schools from Limpopo are Alf Makaleng Primary, Luthuli Park Primary, Dr. A.M.S. Makunyane Secondary, Masedibu High School and Mayeke Higher Primary also benefit from this partnership.
MTN Foundation also focuses on inclusive learning, one of the critical elements in the education value chain. It also offers a model whereby South Africa can advance in the area of education through the effective use of communications technology.
Kusile Mtunzi-Hairwadzi; General Manager of MTN SA Foundation says: “Grace and Hope Special School was identified as one of the schools for learners with special needs that required assistance.”
“The special needs media centre unveiled today is different from the other schools. The centre was specifically designed and fitted with special hardware and software equipment to cater for learners with disabilities,” Kusile Mtunzi-Hairwadzi.
MTN SA Foundation aims to continue using ICT to promote education, transformation & the development of disadvantaged communities of South Africa.
The wait is over. MTN is proud to announce the winners of the Upstream competition, who pocketed R1.25 million in cash and one lucky winner received a stylish BMW 328i Sport.
Sharon Mungoni, from Soweto was selected as the winner of the BMW 328i Sport prize, while both Seipati from Durban and Yandisa Dweba from Margate won R500 000 each. And another winner from Mthatha walked away with R250 000 prize.
MTN launched the Upstream competition in 2015 in partnership with Upstream, a leading mobile commerce provider of digital services over mobile devices, across 43 markets. Upstream has been a reliable partner of MTN since 2014, working together in offering to MTN’s subscribers access to valuable, affordable and relevant digital services, within the fields of infotainment, education, health and video portals.
This competition rewards customers for subscribing to MTN’s content services. Every subscription to premium content service is an entry into the draw to win one of the grand prizes.
Contestants were eligible for various prices in three categories – Fitness Tips and Video Portal and French Lessons.
The French Lessons winner gets a BWM 320i Sport valued at R500 000, while both winners of Fitness Tips and Video Portal received R500 000 each.
“At MTN, we congratulate the winners. This bears testimony to our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot brighter,” says Larry Annetts, Chief Consumer Officer: MTN South Africa.
16 October 2014
After weeks of waiting, speculation and fierce online discussions, the winner of the MTN Sky “Win A Plane” Competition was unveiled today amid much fan-fare. Durban-based Shikanth Bugwandeen was announced as the winner of the MTN Sky “Win A Plane” Competition.
As the winner of the competition, Bugwandeen has the option of taking home the Sling 4 four-seater aeroplane of redeem its cash equivalent of R1,7 million.
He opted to redeem the cash prize and pledged to donate 10% of his winnings to charities, including Open Air School, an institution that his daughter attends that caters for children living with disabilities.
Larry Annetts, Chief Marketing Officer at MTN South Africa, selected and announced the winner in the presence of both MTN and external auditors much to the excitement of the journalists who attended this momentous occasion at MTN head offices in Johannesburg.
“This has been a very exciting competition that has provided us with the opportunity to say thank you to our valued customers for their loyalty and support. The prize money of the competition resonates with the popular phrase: ‘the sky is the limit’. We wish to thank our customers for their overwhelming response to the competition which is testament of how we give our customers opportunities to experience unique experiences,” says Annetts.
A medical doctor by profession, an elated Bugwandeen was at loss for words when he was handed over the cheque. “I am speechless and lost for words. My family does not want for anything. When MTN called me and told me that I am the winner of the competition I shrugged it off wondering: ‘who gives up a plane’. I don’t know what my family has done to deserve this.”
Bugwandeen says he will reserve the rest of his winnings for his children’s education.
The MTN SA Foundation, in conjunction with the Department of Water and Sanitation, awarded a fully equipped computer laboratory to Reimolotswe Primary School on the 7th of April 2016. The computer lab was a first prize award for the Drama category of the Baswa Le Meetsi Project and competition.
The Foundation sponsored the wining prize of a computer laboratory for all the categories and has built and furnished five labs for all the winning schools. The laboratories are the Foundation’s way of contributing to the national drive to improve the quality of basic of education. Educators use the media labs as the enabling tool to deliver their mandate.
The partnership with the Department of Water and Sanitation is founded on the Foundations mandate to connect South African communities for greater self-reliance making the Baswa Le Meetsi project- which targets foundation phase learners from Grade four to six in the General Education and Training (GET) band- a good platform implement on said mandate. The participating schools are tasked with expressing their message about water and sanitation using art as a delivery medium in the following categories drama, poetry, praise poetry, music and posters. The theme was “washing of hands, use and care of sanitation facilities for a healthy lifestyle .”
The sponsored computer laboratories each consists of 21 workstations, a multi-functional printer, an inter-active white board, data projector, router, data card for connectivity, external antenna to boost network connection, subsidised internet connectivity for 24 months and curriculum based software.
Kusile Mtunzi-Hairwadzi, General Manager of the MTN SA Foundation stated “Connecting schools and providing education facilities is key to MTN SA Foundation and I’m pleased that we are able to improve quality of education throughout South Africa.”
“The intention goes beyond connecting and educating the community but also includes providing an eco-system that will boost the local economy,” Mtunzi-Hairwadzi concluded.
The foundation’s overarching social investment mandate is to connect communities for greater self-reliance. It does so through a focus on ICT in education and community programmes.
In an effort to help increase vocational skills, access to education and life skills in previously disadvantaged communities, MTN, through its MTN SA Foundation, in partnership with the Department of Social Development donated a special needs computer laboratory to the Itsoseng Handicradft Centre.
The centre, which is located in Itsoseng Township is the only one of its kind in the Ditsobotla Local Municipality that caters for persons with disabilities. The centre offers services like sheltered employment, vocational training and social rehabilitation.
MTN SA Foundation, General Manager, Kusile Mtunzi-Hairwadzi says: “MTN SA Foundation believes that the centre is the perfect place to fulfil MTN’s mandate of connecting South African communities for greater self-reliance. The computer laboratory provides for the predominant special needs with specific and adapted equipment such as a Braille printer and stapler, Braille Translator software and software to improve numeracy skills.”
The 20 seater computer laboratory has been fitted with computers that all have software programmes tailor made for people withdevelopmental delays, cerebral palsy, cognitive and learning disabilities.
Mtunzi-Hairwadzi says: “We believe in an integrated approach that places strong emphases on holistic community development and this centre and its programme does that in a sustainable way.”
“Through our support we have focused on continuous education through fully equipped, connected and serviced computer laboratories that provide the learners and community members with access to world-wide information that assists their education process and their skills development,” she says.
The computer laboratory is an addition to the centre as it a seamless fit to the services that are already offered by the centre. These services include, vocational training (welding), educational (AET) services, life skills, advocacy and awareness training and psycho-social support.
MTN SA Foundation empowers centre for disable people with information and communication technology tools
As part of its strategic focus in working with government and civil society organisations to help advance the standard and quality of education in previously disadvantaged communities, MTN SA Foundation today donated a computer laboratory for children and elderly persons with physical and mental disabilities of the Oasis Skills Development Centre in Kalahari town, Upington, Northern Cape Province.
The centre received a computer laboratory with 24 months free access to the internet. This boasts hardware and software for people with special needs. The older persons will be able to make use of the laboratory to acquire basic ICT skills.
MTN SA Foundation, General Manager, Kusile Hairwadzi-Mtunzi said: “At MTN SA Foundation we believe passionately in finding ICT solution that can help empower communities. We also like to partner with those who are on the journey to finding solution that can help benefit society – Oasis Skills Development centre embodies this. The centre is a haven to many in the community members and their ethos of skilling learners is commendable.”
“The centre not only levels the playing field for learners with special needs that often don’t have access to the same quality of ICT tools, but it also ensures that communities have access to ICT and the Internet connectivity, and this is especially exciting for us.
“Investing in a centre that fulfils so many functions such as, basic academic education, stimulation and skills transfer through income-generating projects by providing assistance, support, training and guidance for children, youth and adults with multiple disabilities, is a worthwhile partnership because the benefits are immediately apparent to the educators, learners and community at large,” she said.
- New edition of the first and still the only premium convertible in the small car segment; change of generation in the model range of the tradition-steeped British brand is continued with the new MINI Convertible; open-top driving fun on four seats combined with optimised qualities in terms of sportiness, efficiency, comfort, functionality, safety, connectivity and quality of both materials and workmanship.
- Unmistakable exterior design; precise balance between top-class elegance and sporty flair; characteristic proportions with powerfully sculpted surfaces and a dynamically elongated silhouette; up-to-date interpretation of classic MINI design features: circular headlamps and rear lights with chrome surrounds, hexagonal radiator grille, black peripheral body surround, side turn indicator elements; large selection of body finishes including the variant Caribbean Aqua metallic presented here for the first time.
- High-quality textile soft top with fully automatic opening and closing mechanism as well as sliding roof function; new drive, fully electric and therefore very quiet for the first time; also available as MINI Yours soft top with unique woven Union Jack graphic; opening and closing of the soft top and side windows in 18 seconds, also possible during travel at speeds of up to 30km/h; invisibly integrated rollover protection which extends automatically when required as a convertible-specific component of the integrated MINI safety concept.
- Increased dimensions of the new MINI Convertible as compared to predecessor model by 98millimetres in length, 44 millimetres in width and 1 millimetre in height; longer wheelbase (+ 28 millimetres); larger track width (+ 42 millimetres at the front, + 34 millimetres at the rear); optimised space comfort on all four seats; new front seats with larger adjustment range; more comfortable entry and longer seat surface for rear passengers; also more clearly emphasised single-seat character with optimised lateral support at the rear; luggage volume expanded by approx. 25 per cent to 215 litres with closed top and 160 litres with open top; standard trim includes rear backrest with split fold, enlarged through-loading facility and Easy Load function.
- Characteristic interior design with horizontally structured cockpit, circular or elliptical contours for displays, air vents and door trim elements as well as high-quality colour and material combinations; display and operating concept including instrument panel on the steering column, central instrument with new functions, optional LED lighting display and red start/stop button at the centre of the toggle switch bar in the lower section of the centre console.
- Market launch of the new MINI Convertible with two engine variants; new engine generation with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; 3-cylinder petrol engines with 100kW in the MINI Cooper Convertible, 4-cylinder petrol engine with 141 kW in the MINI Cooper S Convertible.
- Power transmission to the front wheels; 6-speed transmission as standard; 6-speed Steptronic transmission as standard in both the MINI Cooper and Cooper S; 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission with shift paddles at the steering wheel available as additional option for the MINI CooperS Convertible; extensive range of MINIMALISM technology as standard; optional MINI Driving Modes including GREEN mode for a pronounced sporty style or efficiency-optimised driving.
- Typical MINI go-kart feeling due to suspension technology with model-specific set-up combined with wide track and long wheelbase; single-joint strut front axle and multilink rear axle with increased stiffness and reduced weight; speed-related Servotronic steering support and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) as standard; MINICooper S Convertible additionally with Performance Control; optionally available: Dynamic Damper Control, sports suspension; equipped as standard with 16-inch light alloy wheels (standard in the MINI Cooper Convertible) and 17-inch light alloy wheels (standard in the MINI Cooper S Convertible); light alloy wheels up to 18 inches as an option.
- Highly rigid body structure with model-specific bracing elements for an agile driving response with maximum occupant protection; complete set of standard safety features with front airbags, head-thorax airbags integrated in the backrests, 3-point automatic belts on all seats, ISOFIX child seat mountings for the passenger seat and at the rear, tyre pressure display and partially active engine compartment lid for optimum pedestrian protection; needs-based control of the restraint systems and rollover protection by means of centralised safety electronics.
- High-quality standard features including automatic soft top activation, central locking, Radio MINI Boost with USB and AUX-IN socket, Park Distance Control and air conditioning; customisation with a large selection of exterior mirror graphics, bonnet stripes, seat upholsteries, interior surfaces and Colour Lines as well as MINI Yours.
- Innovative optional features available for the MINI Convertible for the first time: LED headlamps with LED daytime driving light and LED rear lights (standard in the MINI Cooper S Convertible); adaptive light distribution and LED turning light; LED fog lamp; lighting package with LED interior and ambient lighting; MINI Head-Up Display, Parking Assistant, Driving Assistant with camera-based active cruise control (standard in the MINI Cooper Convertible and the MINI Cooper S Convertible), collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function (standard on the MINI Cooper Convertible and MINI Cooper S Convertible), high beam assistant and road sign detection; rear view camera(standard in the MINI Cooper Convertible and MINI Cooper S Convertible).
- Additional options to enhance driving fun, comfort and individual style include 2-zone automatic air conditioning with convertible mode (standard in the MINI Cooper S Convertible), seat heating, Comfort Access, Always Open Timer with new display content, new wind deflector with reduced weight and simplified mounting (standard in the MINI Cooper Convertible and the MINI Cooper S Convertible), rain sensor with automatic driving lights control (standard in the MINI Cooper Convertible and MINI Cooper S Convertible), MINI Excitement Package including MINI logo projection from the exterior mirror onto the area in front of the door on the driver’s side, heatable windscreen, heatable and folding exterior mirrors, interior and exterior mirrors with automatic dip function, Radio MINI Visual Boost (standard on the MINI Cooper Convertible and MINI Cooper S Convertible models), MINI navigation system and Wired equipment package including navigation system Professional with MINI Touch Controller and Bluetooth mobile phone preparation.
- Complete MINI Connected in-car infotainment program; constantly updated selection of apps for integration in the car via smartphone; exclusive MINI functions such as MINI Streetwise, online search, Sports Instruments and Force Meter; MINI Connected XL Journey Mate with real time traffic radar and rain warning function; online-based services for the use of social networks as well as entertainment offers such as Deezer, and GoPro.
- Engine variants:MINI CooperS Convertible: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control), capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 141 kW/ at 5 000 – 6 500 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1 250 – 4 000 rpm (300 Nm with overboost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 7.2 seconds (automatic: 7.1 seconds), top speed: 230 km/h (228 km/h),
average fuel consumption*: 6.1 – 0 litres (5.8 – 5.6 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions*: 142 – 139 g/km (134 – 131 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
Price: R433 000 (Manual) and R451 000 (Automatic)
MINI Cooper Convertible: 3-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control),capacity: 1 499 cc, output: 100 kW at 4 400 rpm, max. torque: 220 Nm at 1 250 rpm (230 Nm with overboost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 8.8 seconds (automatic: 8.7 seconds), top speed: 208 km/h (206 km/h),
average fuel consumption*: 5.1 – 4.9 litres (5.3 – 5.1 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions*: 118 – 114 g/km (123 – 119 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
Price: R368 000 (Manual) and R384 000 (Automatic)
* EU test cycle figures, fuel consumption dependent on the selected tyre format.
- Exterior dimensions:
Length: 3 821 millimetres
MINI Cooper S Convertible: 3 850 millimetres,
- 3 874 millimetres)
Width: 1 727 millimetres
Height: 1 415 millimetres
Wheelbase: 2 495 millimetres
- Continuation of the generation change in the MINI model family;
new MINI Clubman as an innovative vehicle concept for the premium compact segment; unique combination of functionality, everyday practicality and long-distance suitability offering driving fun, premium charisma and individuality in MINI style.
- New interpretation of the tradition-steeped shooting brake concept adapted to the demands of the compact class for the first time; powerful front section with inlets for Air Curtains; also side Air Breathers behind the front wheel arches for the first time in a MINI; dynamically stretched silhouette with four side doors and a shoulder contour that emphasises the car’s width; long roof line and fin antenna with red alarm system status light; steep rear with characteristic split doors, Clubman model inscription and integrated, horizontal lights; new paint finishes Melting Silver metallic and Pure Burgundy metallic; roof and exterior mirror caps in white, black or silver contrast finish.
- MINI Clubman with clearly matured character as compared to its predecessor in terms of versatility, space and product substance; exterior and interior dimensions significantly more generous, also in comparison to the new MINI 5 door: length + 27 centimetres, width + 9 centimetres, wheelbase + 10 centimetres; five fully-fledged seats; luggage compartment volume: 360 litres; rear backrest with 40: 20 : 40 folding split; maximum storage volume: 1 250 litres.
- Entirely newly designed interior; broad instrument panel with cockpit facia frame in upper section; instrument cluster on the steering column; harmoniously integrated circular central instrument with LED lighting ring and display for vehicle, infotainment, phone and navigation functions; intuitively usable air conditioning control unit and toggle switch below the central instrument; model-specific centre console with electric parking brake, storage compartments, two cup holders, MINI Controller and armrest; high-end decorative strips for centre console and door trim panels.
- Market launch of the new MINI Clubman with two engine petrol variants; petrol engines of the new generation feature MINITwinPower Turbo Technology; the 3-cylinder MINI Cooper Clubman (100 kW); MINI Cooper S Clubman with 141 kW 4-cylinder petrol engine.
- Power transmission to the front wheels as standard via 6-speed transmission; 8-speed Steptronic transmission optionally available for the first time in the MINI Cooper S Clubman also 8-speed Steptronic sport transmission MINI Cooper S Clubman; 6-speed Steptronic transmission standard in the MINI Cooper Clubman; extensive MINIMALISM technology including auto start/stop function and optional GREEN mode.
- Highest level of ride comfort and brand-based go-kart feeling ever seen in a MINI due to high-quality suspension technology that is unique within the competitive field; single-joint strut front axle with completely newly developed components; multilink rear axle optimised on a model-specific basis; maximum agility due to particularly large track width, weight-optimised construction and high level of stiffness; electromechanical power steering with Servotronic function as standard.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) as standard including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), also with Performance Control in the MINI Cooper S Clubman; model-specific spring and damper set-up; sports suspension and Dynamic Damper Control optionally available; standard trim with light alloy wheels in 17-inch (standard in the MINI Cooper S Clubman) format; light alloy wheels optionally available up to 19 inches.
- Optional features include the MINI Driving Modes (standard on the MINI Cooper S Clubman) available for individual car set-up; rotary switch at the base of the gear or selector lever to activate MID, SPORT and GREEN modes; capacity to influence characteristic curves of the acceleration and steering, the shift dynamics of the Steptronic transmission and Dynamic Damper Control; GREEN mode in conjunction with Steptronic transmission including coasting with decoupled drivetrain.
- Weight-optimised and crash-optimised body structure; standard safety fittings include front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, 3-point automatic belts on all seats, at front with belt tensioners and adaptive belt force limiters, ISOFIX children’s seat attachment at rear and optionally also on the front passenger seat; tyre pressure display; excellent acoustic and vibrational comfort.
- Wide range of innovative optional driver assistance systems: MINI Head-Up-Display, Parking Assistant, rear view camera and Driving Assistant including camera-based active cruise control, collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function, high beam assistant and road sign detection.
- High-end standard trim including features such as air conditioning, radio with USB interface and AUX-IN socket, Bluetooth telephone hands-free facility, rain sensor with automatic driving lights control and electric parking brake.
- Innovative optional lighting technology: LED headlamp including LED daytime driving light and LED rear lights (standard in the MINI Cooper S Clubman); adaptive light distribution and LED turning light; LED fog light.
- Model-specific MINI Excitement Package with LED interior and ambient lighting as well as novel projection of the MINI logo from the exterior mirror on the driver’s side when opening and closing the car; MINI Yours Interior Styles with backlit door bezels for the first time; alarm system including red LED status light integrated in fin antenna.
- Wide-ranging options for increased comfort and functionality: electrically adjustable seats with memory function for the driver for the first time in MINI, as well as sports seats and John Cooper Works sports seats; Comfort Access exclusively for the MINI Clubman with non-contact opening of the split doors (easy opener); 2-zone automatic air conditioning; seat heating; electrically operated panorama glass roof; electrical heatable and foldable exterior mirrors; interior and exterior mirrors with automatic dip function; multifunction steering wheel; through-loading system with rear backrest in 40:20:40split; trailer tow hitch; MINI navigation system Professional; Radio MINI Visual Boost; Harman Kardon hi-fi speaker system.
- Extensive range of options for exterior and interior individualisation: John Cooper Works Aerodynamics Kit; Chrome Line exterior; roof rails; large selection of seat types, decorative surfaces and interior colours; exclusive John Cooper Works and MINI Yours fitting options.
- MINI Connected in-car infotainment program unique within the competitive field; wide range of functions and the opportunity for ongoing expansion due to apps that allow integration in the car via smartphone; exclusive MINI functions such as Mission Control, Dynamic Music, Driving Excitement and MINIMALISM Analyser; MINI Connected XL Journey Mate with Real Time Traffic Information; online connection also allows the use of social networks such as Twitter, the reception of RSS news feeds and entertainment programs such as, GoPro and Deezer.
- ENGINE VARIANTS:
MINI Cooper S Clubman: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control), capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 141 kW at 5 000 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1 250 rpm (300 Nm with overboost),acceleration (0–100 km/h): 7.2 seconds (automatic: 7.1 seconds), top speed: 228 km/h (228 km/h),
average fuel consumption*: 6.3 – 6.2 litres (5.9 – 5.8 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions*: 147 – 144 g/km (137 – 134 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
Price: R415 000 (Manual) and R434 500 (Automatic)
MINI Cooper Clubman: 3-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbo charging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control),capacity: 1 499 cc, output: 100 kW at 4 400 rpm,
max. torque: 220 Nm at 1 250 rpm (230 Nm with overboost), acceleration (0–100 km/h): 9.1 seconds (automatic: 9.1 seconds), top speed: 205 km/h (205 km/h),
average fuel consumption*: 5.3 – 5.1 litres (5.3 – 5.1 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions*: 123 – 118 g/km (123 – 118 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
Price: R343 000 (Manual) and R361 000 (Automatic)
* EU test cycle figures, fuel consumption dependent on the selected tyre format.
- Exterior dimensions:
Length: 4 253 millimetres
Width: 1 800 millimetres
Height: 1 441 millimetres
Wheelbase: 2 670 millimetres
Midrand. MINI has launched a global marketing campaign using individual virtual-reality technology. The premium automotive brand is showcasing two 360-degree short films, which allow viewers to roam freely in virtual space. MINI will therefore become one of the first brands to harness the huge potential of virtual-reality (VR) technology for top-quality storytelling. This move also underscores the brand’s positioning as an innovative company that explores new directions in communications.
The two six-minute short films “Real Memories” and “Backwater” are available on YouTube and the campaign website www.mini.com/360 in more than 20 countries worldwide. The films are being promoted through YouTube pre-rolls and on various social-media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The films were shot in Barcelona using a custom stereo rig with nine RED Dragon cameras offering a combined resolution of 14k. A custom 7 GoPro camera rig was developed specially for scenes inside the car. The films can be viewed directly online in a browser or on any smartphone with an installed YouTube app. They will also be available shortly for Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Rift virtual-reality viewers.
For the global marketing campaign, MINI has started distributing more than 140,000 MINI Virtual Reality Cardboard Viewers for free worldwide (the viewer is based on the new version of Google Cardboard presented this summer). For the local campaign visit www.mini.co.za/360, this will enable you to register for a VR viewer via a preferred dealer.
In addition to the two VR films, the campaign website also features other exciting video content: two trailers, a making-of video and brief clips of the actors discovering the features of the MINI Connected system during breaks in shooting.